  1. I am trying to install a print server with a SETUP.exe that bears a copyright
    date of 1997. I get an error message, 105, that reads that setup cannot find
    install languages in setup.lid. There is no .lid file, of course.

    =?Utf-8?B?TmVkIEgu?=, Jul 23, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TmVkIEgu?=

    Ted Guest

    Old Installshield is 16 bit, and doesn't run in 64 bit Windows.

    Ted, Jul 23, 2005

  3. Thought that was the problem.

    What is the solution?

    =?Utf-8?B?TmVkIEgu?=, Jul 23, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TmVkIEgu?=

    Ted Guest

    I wouldn't know, unless you can find the drivers on of the 32 bit
    machines and install them in the 64 bit machine.
    Or best call the company and ask them for 32 bit setup.
    I did that on one of my 1997 programs, and they immediately
    changed ad send me 32 bit setup.

    Ted, Jul 23, 2005
  5. Assuming for the moment that the company is no longer in that business, is
    there a way of using a 32-bit installer with the files intended to be used by
    the 16-bit installer?

    =?Utf-8?B?TmVkIEgu?=, Jul 23, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?TmVkIEgu?=

    John Barnes Guest

    I have had luck substituting the 32-bit installer from another program with
    WISE installer and UNWISE uninstaller. I haven't tried with installShield.

    John Barnes, Jul 23, 2005
  7. Johh, What did you do to get this to work? Ned

    =?Utf-8?B?TmVkIEgu?=, Jul 23, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?TmVkIEgu?=

    John Barnes Guest

    In my case for the install, I was able to copy the installation to hard
    disk, open the folder with WISE.exe in it and I copied another version of it
    from a program which had installed previously, I had to rename it, then I
    was able to do the install. If I recall, InstallShield usually unpacks the
    files in the first step, so maybe you can start the process in x86, find the
    temporary files that are being extracted and work from there. I don't know
    as I haven't tried that.

    John Barnes, Jul 23, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?TmVkIEgu?=

    DKI Guest

    16bit installer work arrounds.
    Sounds Likes an 16bit installer. i get round those by installing a program
    called WinInstall LE on XP Home (i kept installed for some functions like
    this or my TV card and some other hardware to work)

    I install it then run a scan for my current settings. and it makes a note.
    install the software and then scans for changes and makes an MSI installer
    with the files so then it can be install on XP X64. but make sure the that
    the program being installed is 32bit as since it will not work with 16bit
    programs.

    Its all done with a wizard so its not hard to use.

    DKI, Jul 23, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?TmVkIEgu?=

    Ned H. Guest

    Hey John,

    I am still working on this, unsuccessfully. I copied the files to a folder
    and copied a copy of installshield to the folder and still get an error
    message.

    But the question I have, where is the folder that has wise.exe in it? I ran
    a search and cannot find it. I find a lot of unwise's, but not wise.exe.

    Ned

    Ned H., Aug 4, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?TmVkIEgu?=

    John Barnes Guest

    If your program files do not have a separate wise.exe, and I have many like
    that also, then you won't be able to use this method. There is a program
    mentioned here by DKI which probably is a better way to approach this
    problem. WinINSTALL LE located
    http://www.softpile.com/Utilities/Miscellaneous/Review_16745_index.html

    I haven't tried yet.

    Re: Installshield Error Message Dated 7/23 from DKI for his post

    John Barnes, Aug 4, 2005