    from memory.

    Any ideas out there? Is there any way to run a 32-bit shell in x64?

    Thanks in advance.

    =?Utf-8?B?TG9naWtvcw==?=, Jul 15, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TG9naWtvcw==?=

    WM Guest

    If it is a truly 32-bit setup, then it should just work. However, NUMEROUS
    installers actually run (or in this case will try to run) 16-bit code - and
    fail on X64. Odds are it has hung and gone off into the weeds, and when you
    reboot, it is forcing the setup to quit forcibly. You may want to find out
    from the publisher if they have tested their installer on X64 Windows at
    all.

    WM, Jul 15, 2005

  3. Unfortunately the publisher quit issuing upgrades about 5 years ago. They
    moved the application to a lease, so I won't get any help from them.

    I am really surprised by this because I always considered InstallShield as
    the leader of the pack of installer technology.

    =?Utf-8?B?TG9naWtvcw==?=, Jul 15, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TG9naWtvcw==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Have you considered that it may not be install shield. My bet is the
    program being installed is the problem. I have had that problem with
    several programs with both install shield and Wise.

    John Barnes, Jul 15, 2005

    Steve Thompson, Jul 15, 2005
  6. Or set up a clean boot environment with msconfig and try the installation
    that way.

    "Steve Thompson" <> wrote in message

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 16, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?TG9naWtvcw==?=

    Value4Realty

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    16 Bit Install Shield does not work in Win 64 bit environments

    I have 2 apps now that won't install. It's such BS. Someone should create a virtual environment that lets this stuff install but some how remaps everything.

    Value4Realty, Aug 31, 2010