  1. I have a 64 bits computer but Vista RC1 installed as 32 bits
    --
    Henk E
    =?Utf-8?B?SGVuaw==?=, Sep 17, 2006

  2. Download the 64-bit Vista (x64) and install.

    --
    Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro (i975X Express)
    Core 2 Extreme X6800

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, Sep 17, 2006

  3. There are two separate versions of Vista RC1 - 32-bit and 64-bit. Both will
    work just fine on an x64 computer, so there's nothing wrong with running it
    in 32-bit mode. Frankly, the driver support is still better in 32-bit. But
    that being said, if you want to run in 64bit mode, you'll need to make sure
    you download the 64bit version. It's easy to tell them apart - the 64bit is

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 17, 2006
  4. I downloaded the 64bit version because i have an amd 64 3200, but it will not
    install. It stops while it is booting up. It says the hardware is not poroper
    or i unplugged a usb while it was loading, but i didn't I this on an ide and
    a sata with the same result.
    =?Utf-8?B?cm9iOTM2MzU=?=, Sep 17, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?SGVuaw==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Try unplugging all your USB except the keyboard and mouse if you are using
    those

    John Barnes, Sep 17, 2006
  6. "John Barnes" wrote:
    Nothing is plugged into the usb ports. I have a Nvidia 6600 in my pci-E, and
    a soundblaster audigy in my pci. I have my ethernet plugged in also. Those
    are the only things plugged in.

    =?Utf-8?B?cm9iOTM2MzU=?=, Sep 17, 2006