    computer".......

    I dont have a floppy drive installed on my system. Is this why im getting
    this error may be?

    =?Utf-8?B?TG9yZF9aZWVr?=, Jul 10, 2005

  2. You should not be seeing this error message, floppy drive present or not.
    Where did you get your x64 cd?

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 11, 2005

    =?Utf-8?B?TG9yZF9aZWVr?=, Jul 11, 2005
  4. Download again to see if you got a corrupted .iso or make sure your cd
    medium you are burning to is of high quality.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 11, 2005
  5. I've downloaded Win xp pro64 again. Im still getting this error message
    preventing me from running a 64 bit OS on my 64 bit system. I heard a blurb
    on Nvidia nforce4 chipsets having this problem. Just so happens that thats
    what im running. Maybe there will be a fix soon.

    =?Utf-8?B?TG9yZF9aZWVr?=, Jul 16, 2005
  6. Ok I have found my problems, it was that I needed to have my SATA drivers.

    BUT NOW when i press f6 to install said SATA dirves it will only give me the
    option of downloding the needed driver from a 1.4 mb floopy disk. The driver
    is much larger then 1.4mb and I dont even have a floppy disk on my system
    these days. Pleas some point me in the right direction.

    Thanks fella's

    =?Utf-8?B?TG9yZF9aZWVr?=, Aug 6, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?TG9yZF9aZWVr?=

    ChrisC Guest

    Hi, what motherboard are you using as for the A8V the drivers are not too
    large to fit on a floppy. I think there is no way around not having a floppy
    issues, besides they're so inexpensive anyway....
    ChrisC

    ChrisC, Aug 6, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?TG9yZF9aZWVr?=

    John Barnes Guest

    If you have found the correct SATA drivers, the reason it is larger than the
    floppy is it includes an .exe that creates the floppy disk for you (probably
    makedisk.exe). You are going to need a floppy, maybe a USB, but you may
    have a hassle finding the correct BIOS settings to make it work during
    setup.

    John Barnes, Aug 6, 2005
  9. I don't know if this is the right newsgroup, but my problem is somewhat
    similar. I just built an ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe board with an AMD Athlon 64 X2
    dual core proocessor. The video card is a Gigabyte GT7800 and I am using four
    WD Raptor drives on the Silicon Graphics RAID chip (set up as RAID 5) and on
    the nForce chip I have four WD SATA II RAID 0/1 drives. My disks are from
    MSDN, either volume license version or the typical licensed version; from ISO
    or expanded version. On the disks with both 32 and 64-bit versions, when the
    system boots only the 32-bit version show up on the list of potential
    installation platforms. If I extract the ISO version of the 64-bit OS (by the
    way, Windows XP Pro), I get an error message that the disk is not bootable. I
    have tried numerous copies. It is as if the 64-bit versions do not exist. I
    have flashjed the most current motherboard drivers and even tried just
    sticking a plain old IDE drive in, and it just will not recognise the 64-bit
    installation. I am really lost. I can install a 32-bit OS just fine. HELP.

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBH?=, Oct 11, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?TG9yZF9aZWVr?=

    Rick Guest

    Your mistake is "extracting" the .ISO. That is why your CD will not
    boot. You have performed an operation that is totally unnecessary.

    To make a bootable CD with a .ISO image, you use a program such as Nero
    or Easy Creator and "BURN IMAGE TO DISC."

    The .ISO is an image file and as such is a mirror image of the original
    CD. So, when you "burn image to disc" you are duplicating the original
    CD to the one in your writer.

    Rick, Oct 11, 2005
  11. Here are some instructions for burning the ISO to CD:
    http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 11, 2005
  12. Rick,
    Thanks for responding. However, I used the wrong word. I used Roxio to burn
    the image to another disk. Sorry about the confusion.

    However, with MSDN, each DVD may have all the XP versions and when I boot
    from the disk (not the ISO version) I can chose which OS to install. This is
    were the 64-bit versions fail to show up even though I know it is there!

    When I do burn the ISO image for the 32-bit OS, it boots and installs
    without difficulty.

    So that is my problem. It seems logical that it must be a BIOS issue since
    there are no inherent Windows drivers on my newborn computer.

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBH?=, Oct 11, 2005
  13. Andre,
    Thanks for the reply. I was reading one of your other posts regarding
    whether one should move to x64 or not. I think you convinced me to NOT to
    change at this time. I checked many of my peripheral devices and quite a few
    do not have x64 support. I think I will wait a few more years to transition
    to x64. But I do like to "play" and I will probably do a dual boot, just so I
    can get a feel for it. But I still cannot get my system to recognize the
    Windows XP Pro 64-bit disk to even beginning installing the OS.

    Paul

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bCBH?=, Oct 11, 2005
  14. Transitioning full time does not necessarily have to take years, it can be
    factor resulting from industry support, you never know, maybe late this year
    drivers for your devices can come out giving you more leg room to to
    thinking about jumping in full time.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 11, 2005
  15. =?Utf-8?B?TG9yZF9aZWVr?=

    Randy Guest

    Have you inspected the burned ISO CD to ensure it actually burned correctly?
    I had a few bad burns myself, and ended up buying the ready-made version
    direct from MS to bypass the trouble.

    You may also find troubles with the SATA II IDE drives that will take some
    tweaking (see related posts in here).

    Have you instaled the newest motherboard chipset drivers?

    Randy, Oct 15, 2005