    Cannot see anywhere how you make a boot disk to boot it with enabling you to
    use the CD drive to install it

    Thanks

    No Spam, Jul 7, 2003

  2. No Spam

    HamMan Guest

    "No Spam" <> wrote in message
    news:KclOa.9728$...
    > Anyone know how to install windows xp on a newly formatted Hard drive.
    > Cannot see anywhere how you make a boot disk to boot it with enabling you

    > use the CD drive to install it
    >
    > Thanks

    Enable 'boot from cd' in BIOS, or change the boot order so that CDROM is in
    the list

    HamMan, Jul 7, 2003

  3. No Spam

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jul 7, 2003
  4. Some time, on or about: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 22:00:21 +0100, "No Spam"
    <> was criminally insane in my professional opinion
    when they claimed the following balderdash:

    >Anyone know how to install windows xp on a newly formatted Hard drive.
    >Cannot see anywhere how you make a boot disk to boot it with enabling you to
    >use the CD drive to install it
    >
    >Thanks

    That's because you boot it from the CD. There is a way to make boot
    disks, but it never worked for me.

    Dr Harvie Wahl-Banghor

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Jul 7, 2003
  5. No Spam

    No Spam Guest

    so the cd drive auto boots with XP in it (unlike W98?)

    "ooyah" <> wrote in message
    > "Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor" <> wrote in

    message

    No Spam, Jul 7, 2003