    Someone said to me once I have installed windows i have to activate it.I am
    a beginner and dont know how, can you tell me please if you know how to.

    ---

    Edward Doyle, Oct 12, 2004

  2. Edward Doyle wrote:
    > Someone said to me once I have installed windows i have to activate it.I am
    > a beginner and dont know how, can you tell me please if you know how to.

    Most, but not all releases of Windows XP have to be activated. If you're
    not getting a little pop-up bubble every now and then asking you to
    activate Windows, you probably don't need to. If you are getting the
    pop-up, just follow the directions starting with clicking on the bubble.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Oct 12, 2004

  3. Edward Doyle

    mdp Guest

    Copy the following line into the Start-Run box and press Enter. It will
    tell you whether you need to activate XP or not.

    %systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /A

    mdp, Oct 12, 2004