    anymore. So I found the link to download it here at microsoft.com. I
    downloaded it and burnt it to a cd like it said and it wont boot at all. on
    either laptop. Any Ideas?

    =?Utf-8?B?V2lja2VkTmluamFsbw==?=, Sep 6, 2007

  2. You need to burn the image to a CD, not just write the iso file to a disk.

    Are you sure the T21 is 64-bit capable?

    If your original installation or restore disk is lost or damaged you can
    probably obtain a replacement from your supplier or manufacturer for a
    nominal fee. You could copy an OEM installation disk if you know someone who
    has one.

    Dominic Payer, Sep 6, 2007

  3. Dominic:
    The T21 is not 64-bit capable.
    Processor is an 800 MHz Pentium III
    Specs can be found here:
    http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-IBM-ThinkPad-T21-2647-26474AU
    or elsewhere.
    :)
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 6, 2007
  4. Thanks Carlos.
    I didn't think it was 64-bit capable, but better for him to find out for
    himself before he wasted time and disks that were never going to work.

    Dominic Payer, Sep 6, 2007
  5. Well thats half my problem, the other half is that the disk wont work at all.

    =?Utf-8?B?V2lja2VkTmluamFsbw==?=, Sep 6, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?V2lja2VkTmluamFsbw==?=

    Theo Guest

    There are any number of reasons why the CD doesn't boot; a
    bad download, a corrupted file, a bad transfer of the image
    to CD, not burned correctly. But if you're system isn't
    64-bit, then you're just wasting your time. If it were to
    boot it would tell you it won't work on your CPU. So the
    best thing to do is to find a 32-bit Win XP CD and move on.

    Theo, Sep 6, 2007
  7. I think you burned the .iso file to the disk as a file.

    You need to burn the image to make the disk bootable. See
    http://iso.snoekonline.com/iso.htm

    Dominic Payer, Sep 6, 2007
  8. Actually I burnt it using Roxio and I have tried several different ways to
    burn it. And I tried this cd in my Dell Inspiron 1501 and it still dosent
    work.

    =?Utf-8?B?V2lja2VkTmluamFsbw==?=, Sep 6, 2007
  9. =?Utf-8?B?V2lja2VkTmluamFsbw==?=

    Theo Guest

    But did you specifically burn "Image to Disc" or did you
    burn a data disc? You have to burn an image for this to work.

    Theo, Sep 6, 2007
  10. Hi:
    Just to be sure that you have done the right thing...
    What do you see when you browse the files in the disc?
    1.- Several files (the "right thing")?
    2.- Just one file with the ISO extension (the "wrong thing")?
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 6, 2007
  11. Several files, not the iso file

    =?Utf-8?B?V2lja2VkTmluamFsbw==?=, Sep 6, 2007
  12. What I really need now is to figure out how to install this on my removeable
    hard drive, or find a 32 bit version to put on my t21. Any thoughts?

    =?Utf-8?B?V2lja2VkTmluamFsbw==?=, Sep 6, 2007
  13. If the disk won't boot on any system then, as Theo said, you have one of: a
    bad download; a corrupted file; or a bad transfer of the image to CD, not
    burned correctly.

    Verify the checksum of the download. If it is correct, burn the disk again
    using the slowest speed you can and set the burn to verify that it has been
    completed correctly.

    For the T21 all you should need is a 32-bit OEM installation disk as the COA
    and product key should still be on the underside of the T21. I have already
    suggested how you could get a disk.

    Dominic Payer, Sep 6, 2007
  14. =?Utf-8?B?V2lja2VkTmluamFsbw==?=

    Clayton Guest

    Have you changed the boot device in the BIOS to CD?
    Depends on where you downloaded the ISO from, if it was from Microsoft it
    should be a bootable ISO, download WIN ISO and open the ISO in the program
    and it should tell you it is bootable or not

    http://www.winiso.com/

    If you are using Roxio to burn then use the disc copier feature to burn your
    ISO image

    Clayton, Sep 10, 2007