    Simon Meacham, MCP MBCS
    64 bit blog @ http://lxivdigiti.wordpress.com
    For email: Remove ".nospam" from end of address.
    Simon Meacham, May 28, 2006

  2. Mea culpa, bad advice I am afraid.

    This works if you're running Alcohol's CD/DVD ROM driver, but not Daemon
    Tools, who appear to load and lock the driver file even for readers. You'll
    get a 'dtscsi.sys' file is corrupted (i.e. missing).

    Possible solutions:
    1. Uninstall Daemon tools, install cmdcons, reinstall
    2. (For the brave) Open Device Manager. Select 'SCSI and RAID controllers'.
    You should see a SCSI and RAID controller. Verify it's the dtscsi one by
    selecting the 'Details' Tab and selecting 'Service' from the property
    dropdown. If it says 'dtscsi' in the value field you know this is the one
    you want to disable. Close the prop window, right click on it and click
    disable. You can now copy the driver file from
    \windows\system32\driver\dtscsi.sys to \cmdcons (hidden) which should fix
    your problem. Re-enable the virtual scsi driver after copying.

    Sorry for the confusion.

    Simon.

    Simon Meacham, May 28, 2006

  3. I am reliably informed the Alchohol driver does this too (VaxSCSI), despite
    my earlier comment. I apparently doesn't copy the driver either. Both lead
    to zero length files of the same driver name in cmdcons.

    For Alcohol, follow the same steps below. If you choose not to
    uninstall/reinstall this time the SCSI driver is helpfully named 'VaxSCSI'
    so you don't have to check the service property field to verify it's the
    correct one to disable for the copy.

    Again - sorry for the confusion.

    Simon Meacham, May 28, 2006
  4. You can probably get around this by stopping the daemon tools, setting it to
    not "autostart", and then booting. But it's easy enough to uninstall and
    reinstall.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64