Installing x64 on RAID0, nForce4 drivers !

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZnJleQ==?=, Dec 7, 2005.

  1. Hi everyone,

    I'm having a lot of problems with getting Windows Pro x64 installed on my
    RAID0 Raptor harddiscs ! At the beginning of the installation I press F6 to
    load the "RAID CLASS DRIVER" and the "nVidia Storage Controller" driver but
    just before the "select partition" screen should appear, I get a BSOD with
    error 0x0000007b.
    Whatever version I use of nVidia's drivers (64-bit) ! For testing, I
    selected only the "RAID CLASS DRIVER" and get NO error, but I also get both
    my partitions instead of one RAID0 disc. When I try installing the "nVidia
    Storage Controller" alone, I get the same BSOD error ! I read on other
    forums that there could be something wrong with the 'oemsetup.txt' file and
    the Windows Installer then tries to use a standard driver.......? How do I
    check and/or disable this ?

    (Even slipstreamed the nVidia drivers onto the installation CD with the same
    results.)

    Thx,
    Jeffrey
    Belgium

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZnJleQ==?=, Dec 7, 2005

  2. Are you using the latest updated F6 Drivers for your configuration?
    Charlie Russel, has a nice write about loading storage drivers, you might
    want to read that first to make sure you are doing it correctly:
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2005/06/11/52162.aspx
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 7, 2005

  3. Tried all available versions on Nvidia's website ! I'll try a 32-bit OS too.

    Thx for the reply.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZnJleQ==?=, Dec 9, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZnJleQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest