    but from that i have been reading i need a amd64 cpu? am i correct on this?

    if not then ill give it a try and ill come back here and let everyone know
    how its working.
    =?Utf-8?B?bG9yZHZpcGVyMjMwMA==?=, Nov 13, 2005

  2. You cannot install x64 on a five-year old AMD 32-bit cpu. You cannot
    upgrade the computer to support an AMD64. It does not have a 939 or 940 cpu
    socket and none of the circuitry on the motherboard will support x64. If
    you want to go 64 you will need a new computer. Check out CyberPower for
    some ideas.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 13, 2005