    on a Win2000 server CD?
    Thanks.
    Giovanni
    GRL, Oct 23, 2003

  2. GRL

    why? Guest

    On 23 Oct 2003 10:02:16 -0700, GRL wrote:

    >Is it possible to install Windows Network Monitor in Windows XP

    Just the MS Windows version, is the packet capture one? There are
    several other good free packet capture utils.

    Or do you actually mean a network monitor like, showing PCs on a LAN
    up/down , response time.

    >Professional? And if yes, how can I do it having the Network Monitor
    >on a Win2000 server CD?

    Did you actually try it?

    Me
    why?, Oct 23, 2003

  3. GRL

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 17:39:29 GMT, why? wrote:

    >On 23 Oct 2003 10:02:16 -0700, GRL wrote:
    >
    >>Is it possible to install Windows Network Monitor in Windows XP

    >Just the MS Windows version, is the packet capture one? There are
    >several other good free packet capture utils.
    >
    >Or do you actually mean a network monitor like, showing PCs on a LAN
    >up/down , response time.
    >
    >>Professional? And if yes, how can I do it having the Network Monitor
    >>on a Win2000 server CD?

    >Did you actually try it?

    Finally found the 2000 Server (Eval) CD, trying on XP Pro SP1. The
    message is -
    The version of windows you are installing from is older and the setup
    feature is being disabled.

    I guess you could try and find the name of the exe file and manually
    extract what's need from the 2000 CAB files and see if it runs that way.

    >Me

    Me
    why?, Oct 23, 2003