    The customer still gets the Windows CD, book and sticker etc so i really
    don't care about any legal issues.

    Steve

    Stephen Williams, Sep 8, 2004

  2. Stephen Williams

    SNOman Guest

    Stephen Williams wrote:

    > Anyone know if it's possible to install Windows XP Home from a USB flash
    > drive? The computers we build vary quite a bit, so keeping images for each
    > type really isn't what I want to do. Also, installing windows can quite
    > often expose a hardware fault, good to eliminate those before the customer
    > gets the PC lol.
    >
    > The customer still gets the Windows CD, book and sticker etc so i really
    > don't care about any legal issues.
    >
    > Steve

    If it's a bootable device then I would have thought that there would be
    a way to achieve it. However if you are not imaging then why use a usb
    device as opposed to the cd?

    SNOman, Sep 8, 2004

  3. Stephen Williams wrote:
    > Anyone know if it's possible to install Windows XP Home from a USB flash
    > drive?

    yes and no.
    You need either the ability to boot from USB, or you would need to setup
    a boot floppy or CD with DOS USB drivers(yes they are so available, look
    harder) .

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 8, 2004
  4. In article <chnqe4$r1i$> in nz.comp on Thu, 09 Sep 2004
    08:35:17 +1200, SNOman <> says...
    > Stephen Williams wrote:
    >
    > > Anyone know if it's possible to install Windows XP Home from a USB flash
    > > drive? The computers we build vary quite a bit, so keeping images for each
    > > type really isn't what I want to do. Also, installing windows can quite
    > > often expose a hardware fault, good to eliminate those before the customer
    > > gets the PC lol.
    > >
    > > The customer still gets the Windows CD, book and sticker etc so i really
    > > don't care about any legal issues.
    > >
    > > Steve
    > >

    > If it's a bootable device then I would have thought that there would be
    > a way to achieve it. However if you are not imaging then why use a usb
    > device as opposed to the cd?

    Every PC these days have a USB port, but a CDrom is still optional.

    Patrick Dunford, Sep 10, 2004