    Thanks a lot in advance.

    Ramesh
    , Jan 21, 2006

  2. Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    spewed forth:
    > I have HP (Pavilion N5250) notebook which came with WindowsMe. I have
    > had losts of problem with Me so thought of loading windows 2000. The
    > problem I am facing is that I am unable to load Windows 2000. When I
    > put CD and start computer, it's starting the installation process but
    > after 10-15 minutes hanging up, I tried several times but no luck.

    I've found that to be bad memory sometimes. Memory that is adequate for
    WIn9x versions may not pas muster for NT versions.

    > I don't know what happened but now I am not even able to start my
    > Windows Me (I tried installing Me again unsuccessfully). In other
    > words I cannot get windows running. I really appreciate if someone
    > could help me with this.
    >
    > Please note: when I was trying to load Win 2000, I did format my C
    > drive.

    Well, that would explain why ME no longer works.

    Re-install the original OS with the recovery discs from HP.

    --
    Regardless of Public Law No. 109-162 I hereby affirm that it is
    probably my intent to annoy the reader of this post. Get over it.
    Toolman Tim, Jan 21, 2006

  3. Guest

    Thanks for reply Tim,

    I did try "recovery discs" which is not getting installed either,
    same problem hanging up after 10-15 minutes. I also like to mention
    that when I had Me working, my computer used to hang up in the same
    fashion and it was very annoying that is why I am trying to install Win
    2000 hoping that it would work fine.

    I feel like my notebook has some power issue. I am looking for some
    troubleshooting guidance so that I could buy appropriate hardware piece
    if necessary.
    , Jan 21, 2006
  4. Budweiser Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I have HP (Pavilion N5250) notebook which came with WindowsMe. I have
    > had losts of problem with Me so thought of loading windows 2000. The
    > problem I am facing is that I am unable to load Windows 2000. When I
    > put CD and start computer, it's starting the installation process but
    > after 10-15 minutes hanging up, I tried several times but no luck.
    >
    > I don't know what happened but now I am not even able to start my
    > Windows Me (I tried installing Me again unsuccessfully). In other
    > words
    > I cannot get windows running. I really appreciate if someone could
    > help
    > me with this.
    >
    > Please note: when I was trying to load Win 2000, I did format my C
    > drive.
    >
    > Thanks a lot in advance.
    >
    > Ramesh

    HP are the same / similar as compaq
    there is a partition on the drive that needs to be there for the machine
    to run--well done mate you wiped it.
    Use your hp discs to reset the machine--if you do not have these you may
    be able to download from hp site.

    Learn a lesson--if its not broke do not try and fix it.
    Budweiser, Jan 21, 2006
  5. Guest

    so I don't have a choice, I must have to install 'recovery disc' in
    order to get appropriate partition on my hard drive. I shall try that
    but just wondering if one could help me how do I go about installing
    win 2000.

    Does anyone know why its happing up?
    , Jan 21, 2006
  6. Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    spewed forth:
    > so I don't have a choice, I must have to install 'recovery disc' in
    > order to get appropriate partition on my hard drive. I shall try that
    > but just wondering if one could help me how do I go about installing
    > win 2000.
    >
    > Does anyone know why its happing up?

    Not from the limited information you've provided.

    Is your W2K setup disk an 'upgrade' disk? If not, you should be able to boot
    from the W2K setup CD and get a good install.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 21, 2006
  7. Budweiser Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > so I don't have a choice, I must have to install 'recovery disc' in
    > order to get appropriate partition on my hard drive. I shall try that
    > but just wondering if one could help me how do I go about installing
    > win 2000.
    >
    > Does anyone know why its happing up?

    you must get the machine running as was --well atleast with the small
    hidden partition re installed---once done---install the 2k disc--no
    problem.Follow the instructions.
    Budweiser, Jan 21, 2006
  8. PC Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for reply Tim,
    >
    > I did try "recovery discs" which is not getting installed either,
    > same problem hanging up after 10-15 minutes. I also like to mention
    > that when I had Me working, my computer used to hang up in the same
    > fashion and it was very annoying that is why I am trying to install Win
    > 2000 hoping that it would work fine.
    >
    > I feel like my notebook has some power issue. I am looking for some
    > troubleshooting guidance so that I could buy appropriate hardware piece
    > if necessary.

    If your laptop was hanging 'before' you started changing the OS there is a
    good chance there is a hardware fault.
    Maybe memory, maybe hard drive.
    Download & create a Ultimate Boot CD http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/
    The tools on there will allow you to test Ram, Drive and general hardware in
    a non Windows environment.

    Cheers
    Paul.
    PC, Jan 21, 2006
  9. Plato Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    > I've found that to be bad memory sometimes. Memory that is adequate for
    > WIn9x versions may not pas muster for NT versions.

    Agreed.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jan 22, 2006