Installing Win98 on Multi-Boot

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Harrison, Oct 24, 2003.

  1. Harrison

    Harrison Guest

    If the NT drive is formatted with NTFS, you'll have to use
    non-destructive partitioning software to create a partition for 98SE
    from the free space on the NT drive.
    Partition magic is good. Google search for others.
    Also, if you're dual booting, a new installation in this order is
    going to be difficult. Usually, it's best to install 98 first, then
    NT.
    It can be done, but you need to research and plan it properly.

    Just out of curiosity, why do you need a backup before formatting and
    installing 98 again?

    PreviousPoster, Oct 24, 2003