    drives and the rest of the OS on the SATA drives. Is there a way to
    avoid this and just install everything to the the SATA RAID array?

    --Kruwreka

    Kruwreka, Oct 12, 2004

  2. Kruwreka

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Kruwreka" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Set-up:
    > Gigabyte 7NNXP board with AMD3200+, 1Gb of RAM
    > 2x 120Gb Seagate SATA drives - RAID 0
    > 2x 80GB WD IDE Drives - RAID 1
    >
    > I attempted to install Windows 2000 to the SATA RAID array, the
    > installation program told me I have to create a partition on the IDE
    > RAID array so that it can install some filles there. So I created a
    > 5GB partition and win2k installed the boot information on the IDE
    > drives and the rest of the OS on the SATA drives. Is there a way to
    > avoid this and just install everything to the the SATA RAID array?

    Did you press F6 during installation to load RAID drivers?

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Oct 12, 2004

  3. Kruwreka

    Moon Guest

    On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:17:57 +0200, "Dan Evans"
    <>,wrote:

    >"Kruwreka" <> wrote in message
    >> Set-up:
    >> Gigabyte 7NNXP board with AMD3200+, 1Gb of RAM
    >> 2x 120Gb Seagate SATA drives - RAID 0
    >> 2x 80GB WD IDE Drives - RAID 1
    >>
    >> I attempted to install Windows 2000 to the SATA RAID array, the
    >> installation program told me I have to create a partition on the IDE
    >> RAID array so that it can install some filles there. So I created a
    >> 5GB partition and win2k installed the boot information on the IDE
    >> drives and the rest of the OS on the SATA drives. Is there a way to
    >> avoid this and just install everything to the the SATA RAID array?

    >Did you press F6 during installation to load RAID drivers?
    >
    >Dan

    Obviously, if the W2K installer saw the RAID array.

    Moon, Oct 12, 2004
  4. Kruwreka

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Moon" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:17:57 +0200, "Dan Evans"
    > <>,wrote:
    >

    > >"Kruwreka" <> wrote in message
    > >> Set-up:
    > >> Gigabyte 7NNXP board with AMD3200+, 1Gb of RAM
    > >> 2x 120Gb Seagate SATA drives - RAID 0
    > >> 2x 80GB WD IDE Drives - RAID 1
    > >>
    > >> I attempted to install Windows 2000 to the SATA RAID array, the
    > >> installation program told me I have to create a partition on the IDE
    > >> RAID array so that it can install some filles there. So I created a
    > >> 5GB partition and win2k installed the boot information on the IDE
    > >> drives and the rest of the OS on the SATA drives. Is there a way to
    > >> avoid this and just install everything to the the SATA RAID array?

    > >Did you press F6 during installation to load RAID drivers?
    > >
    > >Dan

    > Obviously, if the W2K installer saw the RAID array.

    Obviously it did, but now what about the SATA array, which is what the OP is
    asking about?

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Oct 14, 2004
  5. Kruwreka

    Kruwreka Guest

    On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 01:18:20 +0200, "Dan Evans"
    <> wrote:

    >"Moon" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:17:57 +0200, "Dan Evans"
    >> <>,wrote:
    >>

    >> >"Kruwreka" <> wrote in message

    >> >Did you press F6 during installation to load RAID drivers?
    >> >
    >> >Dan

    >> Obviously, if the W2K installer saw the RAID array.

    >Obviously it did, but now what about the SATA array, which is what the OP is
    >asking about?
    >
    >Dan

    I may have worded it wrong. I have installed both the SATA RAID and
    IDE RAID drivers during the win2k install and the installation sees
    them both but it doesn't want to install the boot info to the SATA
    array. It keeps asking to create a partition on the IDE array just to
    write the boot info there. I may have found a boot setting in my BIOS
    that might resolve the issue but I haven't had a chance to try an
    install just yet.

    --Kruwreka

    Kruwreka, Oct 14, 2004