  1. The internal cd-rom drive of my notebook doen not work anymore. Can I make a
    new Windows install from my external usb dvd-drive?

    Thanks for your help!

    D. van der Maarn, Sep 16, 2005

  2. D. van der Maarn wrote:

    > The internal cd-rom drive of my notebook doen not work anymore. Can I make a
    > new Windows install from my external usb dvd-drive?
    >
    > Thanks for your help!

    Try it and see for yourself.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Sep 16, 2005

  3. D. van der Maarn

    Gordon Guest

    "D. van der Maarn" <> wrote in message
    > The internal cd-rom drive of my notebook doen not work anymore. Can I
    > make a new Windows install from my external usb dvd-drive?
    >
    > Thanks for your help!

    if it shows in your BIOS settings as an available boot device, yes.

    Gordon, Sep 16, 2005
  4. D. van der Maarn

    Yddap Guest

    In news:3fa82$432aad00$3ec36259$,
    D. van der Maarn <> opined very noisily:
    > The internal cd-rom drive of my notebook doen not work anymore. Can I
    > make a new Windows install from my external usb dvd-drive?
    >
    > Thanks for your help!

    If you have a floppy drive get the 6 disk floppy boot set for XP from
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    This will load up USB etc drivers and you can then install from your
    external drive
    --

    Yddap
    Remove guts to reply

    Yddap, Sep 16, 2005
  5. Great! Thank you.

    D. van der Maarn, Sep 16, 2005
  6. D. van der Maarn

    Yddap Guest

    In news:9c89$432abf9b$3ec36259$,

    :
    >>> The internal cd-rom drive of my notebook doen not work anymore. Can
    >>> I make a new Windows install from my external usb dvd-drive?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for your help!

    >> If you have a floppy drive get the 6 disk floppy boot set for XP from
    >> http://www.bootdisk.com/
    >>
    >> This will load up USB etc drivers and you can then install from your
    >> external drive

    Glad to help -- I had / have the same problem with a Compaq 908 laptop
    --

    Yddap
    Remove guts to reply

    Yddap, Sep 16, 2005