    computer and boot of the CD with the ISO file on it but it just goes to the
    second boot device the harddrive can somebody please help I really need to
    get this working
    =?Utf-8?B?RGFydGhSaWM=?=, Jun 13, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RGFydGhSaWM=?=

    Rick Guest

    Is the CD or DVD drive set as the 1st boot
    device in your BIOS?

    You might also press <F8> or <F11>, depending on
    your computer, to go to a "Boot Device Select"
    menu and select your Optical drive there.

    Did you burn the .ISO correctly?

    Do not unzip the file, burn it to a disk, since
    it is a ISO, there should be
    an option in your Burning utility for burning
    images to a CD.

    Check the following link for instructions about
    how to burn an ISO:
    http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm

    Kenny Louden wrote: How to burn ISO files
    > Over the last few days I have seen a number

    of posts either asking how to
    > burn the ISO file, or having problems with

    the DVD that they just burnt as a
    > data disc and not as image file..
    > Well in case I have missed a post that has

    already been made - here is a
    > link to a web site (out of many) that gives a

    basic start and understanding
    > of how to burn a CD/DVD from an ISO image
    >
    > http://www.ntfs.com/iso-burning.htm
    >
    > I could post a number of web sites that gives

    basically the same information
    > on burning an ISO image. (Go to Google and

    just type in "how to burn an iso
    > image†[without the quotes] - you will get a

    large number of page hits)

    > When all else fails - check your burner

    documentation - it usually is a good
    > starting point to begin with
    >
    > Just my little addition to help others and

    maybe give Andre and the others
    > that have been extremely busy answer

    everyone's questions (over and over

    Rick, Jun 13, 2006

  3. Make sure you've followed the instructions to burn the ISO as an image to
    the CD. See:
    http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm

    --
    Charlie.