    Regards
    --
    Richard

    =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZA==?=, Jun 25, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZA==?=

    seth Guest

    well, that's something you have to look into for yourself
    64bit is great on the server side for numerous reasons but for the end user,
    there isn't many applications that are 64bit unless you are doing high end
    graphic design, cad, that sort of thing
    64bit apps are limited at the moment. all your 32bit apps would work fine
    (keep in mind 16bit apps won't work)
    also make sure that there are 64bit hardware drivers available. they might
    be included with vista but in case they are not you should check with your
    manufacturer

    here are some articles you might want to look at:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/editions/64bit.mspx

    http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/1426/vista_64_bit_or_32_bit_version_x64_vs_x86

    seth, Jun 25, 2007

  3. First, you only have a license for one or the other. Not both. So you can't
    install both on your computer. Further, if you had two copies and wanted to
    install both, in a dual boot mode, they would HAVE to reside on different
    partitions. Finally, you can't upgrade from your existing 32-bit to 64-bit.
    You have to do a clean, fresh, install.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 25, 2007
  4. Seth an Charlie

    Thanks a lot for your answers!

    Charlie , in the case i want to install my 64bit version, how could I do a
    fresh and clean install without too much problem? I have the two version (32
    and 64) on two different DVD. Does it mean I can replace th 32 version by the
    64 version with the same key?

    Again thanks again guys!!!

    regards
    --
    Richard

    =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZA==?=, Jun 25, 2007
  5. correct - it's the same key. You'd boot off your 64-bit DVD, and choose to
    format the partition during the setup process if it's going on to the same
    partition.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64