installing transcode on mandrake 9.1

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by m00se, Jul 15, 2003.

  1. m00se

    m00se Guest

    m00se, Jul 15, 2003

  2. cowboyzlinux wrote:
    > On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:28:50 +1200, m00se wrote:
    >

    >>cowboyzlinux wrote:
    >>
    >>>Searched rpmdrake9.1 for libquicktime.so.0 and no results.
    >>>
    >>>Is this a corrupt download? or is something else wrong?
    >>>

    >>>Mandrake 9.1
    >>>2.4.21-0.13mdk
    >>>

    >>http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=libquicktime&submit=Search ...
    >>
    >>http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=e...me.so.0+mandrake+rpm&btnG=Google Search&meta=
    >>

    >>Might find what youre looking for.

    > Ta. Ill check it out

    Even better, try the apt-get utility (originated and adapted from
    debian), this downloads the latest **rpm ** packages and their
    dependencies from freshrpms.net, or any mirror of your choice.
    .. i.e apt-get install transcode
    I and probably many others swear by it.

    Graeme

    Graeme Woollett, Jul 16, 2003

  3. m00se

    cowboyzlinux Guest

    We are getting there. Mandrake9.1 installed and running. Downloaded and
    installed dvdrip but it wants a program called transcode.
    searched rpmdrade9.1 and found transcode-0.6.8-1plf and tried to install
    that. It said it needed a heap of other things installed so I told it to
    download the lot.

    Now it says:

    Signature libavifile0.7-0.7.38-plf.i586.rpm is not correct
    gpg: Sig made fri 11/7/3 9:45:04 BST using DSA key ID CABA22AE
    GPG: Cant check sig pubic key not found

    Install anyway?

    I said yes

    And it says: