    Checked disc, CD drive, BIOS etc..
    Any idea why this happens?
    Dingus

    Dingus, Jun 24, 2006

  2. Dingus

    Melvin Snerd Guest

    Mara <> said in
    news::

    > On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 03:09:08 GMT, "Dingus" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Attempted to install Server 23k on a lab machine, from DOS. After
    >>starting winnt.exe from i386 the install hangs after it copies a
    >>couple dozen files and will not restart. I can install it if I first
    >>install XP pro and then install it from there.
    >> Checked disc, CD drive, BIOS etc..
    >>Any idea why this happens?

    > Why yes, I do - and no, I'm not saying.
    >
    > Why?
    >
    > Because if you can't spell it, and can't install it, you shouldn't
    > even attempt to run it at all. It's server software, not a kid's game.
    >
    > "Sorry if that offends you, but it *is* the truth."
    >
    >>Dingus

    I think the name "Dingus" says it all.

    Melvin Snerd, Jun 24, 2006

  3. Dingus

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 03:09:08 GMT, Dingus wrote:

    What is it with the Vista and non XP stuff, lately?

    >Attempted to install Server 23k on a lab machine, from DOS. After starting

    Server 23000 may not be like the earlier versions.

    >winnt.exe from i386 the install hangs after it copies a couple dozen files
    >and will not restart. I can install it if I first install XP pro and then
    >install it from there.

    That's winnt or it launches an installer (from CD) or it's the different
    winnt32 (the GUI installer that runs within Windows)

    > Checked disc, CD drive, BIOS etc..
    >Any idea why this happens?

    Yes, seen NT Server / Workstation and Win 2000 Wstn / Server do things
    like that before.

    From NT3.x to 2000 , using the boot floppies or booting from CD.

    >Dingus

    Me

    why?, Jun 24, 2006
  4. Dingus

    Guest

    "Dingus" <> wrote:

    |>Attempted to install Server 23k on a lab machine, from DOS. After starting
    |>winnt.exe from i386 the install hangs after it copies a couple dozen files
    |>and will not restart. I can install it if I first install XP pro and then
    |>install it from there.
    |> Checked disc, CD drive, BIOS etc..
    |>Any idea why this happens?
    |>Dingus

    Might sound lame, but make sure you have a network card installed.

    I could install Win2000 advanced server, but could get no further
    without a network card (I was using a modem at the time).

    --
    One of Criss Angel's freakiest Illusions
    http://tinyurl.com/ocyby

    , Jun 24, 2006
  5. Dingus

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 08:33:38 -0500, Mara wrote:

    > On 24 Jun 2006 10:01:52 +0200, Melvin Snerd <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >>She resembles that remark......

    > Yet you couldn't even tell who the original poster was. LMAO!
    >
    > Get back on Powaqaatsi Man's leash, now, little troll. You look better
    > with your head up its ass anyway."

    Replies this knock you off your ivory tower.

    Meat Plow, Jun 25, 2006
  6. Dingus

    Melvin Snerd Guest

    Meat Plow <> said in news:pan.2006.06.25.12.22.31.806000
    @nntp.sun-meatplow.local:

    > On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 08:33:38 -0500, Mara wrote:
    >
    >> On 24 Jun 2006 10:01:52 +0200, Melvin Snerd <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> <snip>
    >>>She resembles that remark......

    >> Yet you couldn't even tell who the original poster was. LMAO!
    >>
    >> Get back on Powaqaatsi Man's leash, now, little troll. You look better
    >> with your head up its ass anyway."

    > Replies this knock you off your ivory tower.

    Mara is one big dumb **** but she does bark on command.

    mElVIn

    Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
    More than 140,000 groups