    install xp but then returns the message "no drive found, check hardware
    config ect,ect.....

    Any help will be greatly appreciated

    =?Utf-8?B?c2lycG9jaw==?=, Feb 10, 2006

  2. HI,
    have a look in the manual of the adaptor.
    I think you have to introduce the harddisk to the adaptor first.
    anyhow : invoking the adaptors bios to have the adaptor "look for new hd"
    jk

    Juergen Kluth, Feb 10, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?c2lycG9jaw==?=

    Rick Guest

    Are you trying to install Windows x64? This group is for 64-bit Windows.

    If you're trying to install Win x64, what is the make and model of the
    PCI SATA adapter?

    What is the make and model of your motherboard?

    Rick, Feb 10, 2006
  4. Thanks for your response!

    I installed the adaptor first, then rebooted as recommended in the manual.
    The adaptor is recognised in bios. I then connected the drive and rebooted
    again as directed in the manual. It is still not recognising it as the hard
    drive. It is recognising it as "primart channel 1"

    =?Utf-8?B?c2lycG9jaw==?=, Feb 10, 2006
  5. Hi,
    possible could be:
    - the adaptor waits for a second hd to fillup a raid (there must be a way
    into the "bios of adaptor" not mainboard)

    or any jumper on sata drive / adaptor?

    - adaptor = sata , hd is sata II , hd has no power !! (very easy to forget
    to connect the power plug to hd)

    the size of the hd (may be hd is TOO BIG) is not supported by adaptor (there
    might be a firmwareupdate by adaptor vendor)

    otherwise :
    can you give a link to the manual in ww web ?

    jk

    Juergen Kluth, Feb 10, 2006
  6. Hi -

    "Juergen Kluth" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > possible could be:
    > - the adaptor waits for a second hd to fillup a raid (there must be a way
    > into the "bios of adaptor" not mainboard)

    Yes, I agree - if the PCI card is a SATA/RAID it must have a JBOD option (or
    equal) to install on a single disk.

    > or any jumper on sata drive / adaptor?
    >
    > - adaptor = sata , hd is sata II , hd has no power !! (very easy to forget
    > to connect the power plug to hd)
    >
    > the size of the hd (may be hd is TOO BIG) is not supported by adaptor
    > (there might be a firmwareupdate by adaptor vendor)

    BIOS update for the card could possibly fix the issue.

    > otherwise :
    > can you give a link to the manual in ww web ?

    Good idea!

    > jk

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 11, 2006