    My daughter has just got a computer for xmas and was installing some games.
    However these do not always install across all user profile start menus. How
    can she install and make this happen. She is set up as the Adminastrator

    JF, Dec 27, 2004

  2. JF

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 18:11:21 GMT, JF wrote:

    >My daughter has just got a computer for xmas and was installing some games.
    >However these do not always install across all user profile start menus. How
    >can she install and make this happen. She is set up as the Adminastrator

    Ask an administrator about profiles and 'all users'.

    Perhaps if you google about , it helps.

    Microsoft Windows XP - Security Group Creation in a Clean ...
    ... Permissions for Users in Windows XP Professional. ...
    UserProfile%, Full Control, User's
    Profile directory. All Users\Shared Documents, Write, Shared
    Documents location ...
    www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/
    Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prdd_sec_hpjj.asp - 14k - Cached - Similar
    pages
    [ More results from www.microsoft.com ]

    myITforum.com : Deploy Packages to All Users in XP and Overcome ...
    .... you have more than likely come across the hurdles of XP's locked
    down ... application
    or update is only registered to one user and all other users are unable
    http://myitforum.techtarget.com/articles/6/view.asp?id=3935 - 26k -
    Cached - Similar pages

    You may also have issues if installing on an NTFS partition, the games
    files may be 'administrator' only files/folders. In this case having
    shortcuts in all users won't help. Sometimes creating a user group
    called 'games' add users to the group and setting the security on the
    games folder to the new group doesn't work all the time.

    I found more games work using a 2nd disk or use a smart partition
    manager to create a FAT partition and put all games on that.

    Although (for me) this still leaves those that need access to registry,
    or CDs. I don't plan to let 2 12year olds access to the registry so it
    looks like a 2nd PC for games only.

    Me

    why?, Dec 27, 2004