    i have now..the CD warns me that it cannot copy over a newer version..

    what to do? need to reformat the C: Drive?

    bob

    bob, Feb 22, 2006

  2. bob

    Eli Coten Guest

    bob wrote:
    > i was trying to install a version of XP that was older than the version that
    > i have now..the CD warns me that it cannot copy over a newer version..
    >
    > what to do? need to reformat the C: Drive?
    >
    > bob

    You will need to 'slipstream' the CD you are using and write a new XP CD
    with the service pack pre installed. Google 'slipstream SP2' and you
    should find some guide on how to do this.

    In the absence of a slipstreamed SP2 CD, yes you would need to format
    the hard drive.

    HTH,
    Eli

    Eli Coten, Feb 22, 2006

  3. bob wrote:
    > i was trying to install a version of XP that was older than the version that
    > i have now..the CD warns me that it cannot copy over a newer version..
    >
    > what to do? need to reformat the C: Drive?
    >
    > bob

    Slipstreamed Windows XP CD Using SP2
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/slipstreamed_xpsp2_cd.htm

    How to use AutoStreamer to Slipstream Windows XP Service Pack 2
    http://www.simplyguides.net/guides/using_autostreamer/using_autostreamer.html

    Windows XP Service Pack 2 - Direct Download
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...BE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en

    GreenieLeBrun, Feb 23, 2006