Installing OE6.0 on D drive?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Sigi Rindler, Aug 17, 2006.

  1. Sigi Rindler

    Sigi Rindler Guest

    Hi,
    I am attempting to switch over from Outlook Express to Mozilla Thunderbird.
    The Import of Mail from Outlook Express worked, but only a fraction of the
    messages were imported.
    There is no newsgroup that covers "Mozilla" or "Thunderbird".
    Where else shall I look for to read up a bit on the subject?

    Actually, I don't really dislike my present OE 6.0 since it handles mail
    and news pretty well. If I knew how to tell the program to store mail,
    news, and address book on drive D, I'd not attempt to switch.
    Although I make regular backups with Acronis True Image, I'd always lose a
    couple of files.

    I have probably a way to do it:
    Tools/Options/Maintenance/Store Folders. then "Store Location Settings",
    Change to D:>

    Is this the right way to do it??? Any hint is appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Murgi

    Sigi Rindler, Aug 17, 2006

  2. Sigi Rindler

    Sigi Rindler Guest

    There is no newsgroup that covers "Mozilla" or "Thunderbird".

    Sorry, it didn't show since I already had "alt.fan.mozilla" in my download
    list!

    Sigi Rindler, Aug 17, 2006

  3. Sigi Rindler wrote:

    > There is no newsgroup that covers "Mozilla" or "Thunderbird".

    Yes, there. They're on the netscape server, unless that has changed
    since I've been there..

    > Where else shall I look for to read up a bit on the subject?

    On the netsscape server, unless that's changed since I've been there.

    I *think* that's secnews.netscape.com -- can someone else pitch in
    that's used it/them lately? Thanks.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Aug 17, 2006
  4. Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Sigi Rindler wrote:
    >
    >> There is no newsgroup that covers "Mozilla" or "Thunderbird".

    > Yes, there. They're on the netscape server, unless that has changed
    > since I've been there..
    >
    >> Where else shall I look for to read up a bit on the subject?

    > On the netsscape server, unless that's changed since I've been there.
    >
    > I *think* that's secnews.netscape.com -- can someone else pitch in
    > that's used it/them lately? Thanks.

    I just found them.

    http://www.mozilla.org/community/developer-forums.html

    You want mozilla.support.thunderbird

    I'm looking at it on server news.mozilla.org. It's not secure, so use
    port 119.

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 17, 2006
  5. Sigi Rindler

    Sigi Rindler Guest

    > I just found them.
    >
    > http://www.mozilla.org/community/developer-forums.html
    >
    > You want mozilla.support.thunderbird
    >
    > I'm looking at it on server news.mozilla.org. It's not secure, so use
    > port 119.

    Thanks for the good lead!

    Murgi

    Sigi Rindler, Aug 17, 2006