    seems to work

    Regards

    Skinty
    Skinty, Feb 18, 2008

  2. Skinty

    philo Guest

    "Skinty" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi All
    >
    > If I Install new xp o/s on my Laptop Will I Lose all
    > My old Files & Photos etc as I have lost my Start up Disc & No Boot disc
    > seems to work
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Skinty

    Yes,
    if you format the drive to install a new OS you will loose all your data...
    so be sure to burn all your data to DVD's first!
    philo, Feb 18, 2008

  3. Skinty

    sittingduck Guest

    Skinty wrote:

    > If I Install new xp o/s on my Laptop Will I Lose all
    > My old Files & Photos etc as I have lost my Start up Disc & No Boot disc
    > seems to work

    only if you format.
    Move anything in the "my documents" folder just to be safe, and you could
    reinstall without losing anything but windows files.

    --
    http://improve-usenet.org
    sittingduck, Feb 18, 2008
  4. Skinty

    chuckcar Guest

    "Skinty" <> wrote in

    > Hi All
    >
    > If I Install new xp o/s on my Laptop Will I Lose all
    > My old Files & Photos etc as I have lost my Start up Disc & No Boot
    > disc seems to work

    I'll assume for have a "consumer desktop" then. You may *also* loose
    your sound, video and any other cards you have in the computer. Consumer
    desktops use their own "unique" brand of hardware and microsoft won't
    have drivers for it in XP.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Feb 18, 2008