installing new video card

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Me/PDX, Aug 13, 2005.

  1. Me/PDX

    Me/PDX Guest

    Using XP Home Edition Service Pack 1
    Active X9

    1. When going from an analog video to a digital video card
    must I FIRST UNINSTALL the old analog drivers and then install the new
    digital drivers?

    2. A friend INSTALLED the video digital drivers of my NEW PCI digital video
    card WITHOUT UINSTALLING the old analog APG video drivers.
    Then he noticed I had purchased the WRONG digital video card (I bought a PCI
    when indeed I MUST HAVE AN APG video card).

    So NOW I have NEW digital video drivers for a digital PCI card and STILL
    have the OLD ANALOG video card in my machine.

    Could this be the reason my computer will no longer shut down or restart?
    I have to shut it down by turning it off from the surge protector?
    I have to restart it with the button on the computer.

    Also, could this be the reason that now 44 of my 63 All Programs Icons are
    GENERIC? Recycle Bin is also a generic icon shortcut.

    Also, the SLEEP MODE button on my Microsoft Internet keyboard will not send
    my computer into sleep mode.

    I have to exchange the new PCI digital video card for a new APG digital
    video card and install both the card and drivers.

    Any suggestions on the above items for RESOLUTION and INSTALLATION???

    I know this has been unsually long.

    THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION and ASSISTANCE!!!!

    PS...the new card and drivers I speak of above are a PCI MadDog Multimedia
    Predatior MX 4000 Plus with nVIDA G-FORCE MX 4000.

    I will be exchanging the above PCI...for an APG MadDog Multimedia Predatior
    MX 4000 Plus with nVIDA G-FORCE MX 4000.
    Me/PDX, Aug 13, 2005