    that history has recorded: at various epochs in the past. It is
    impossible to predict what would emerge from such a time of troubles,
    but at any rate the huma

    anOLDun, Dec 23, 2004

  2. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    Lo All

    Need help linstalling new hardware........

    O/s = WinXP

    Hardware = Digital Blue Mixman dm2 ( it's a ummmmm...a sound mixing desk)

    I connected the hardware - turned the PC on and away we went. Half way
    through the installation error message = "this hardware does not have an MS
    XP logo test certificate and if you continue with installation system may
    not work. cancel installation or continue anyway" I opted for continue
    anyway and of course it didn't work.

    Tried again and then got "not compatible with XP " error message".

    Went onto website and dowloaded what i think is the updater for XP.

    tried again ......still wouldn't load

    So did system restore, disconnected hardware and re booted the system.

    reloaded the cd...... a window appears with options = install programme,
    install pdf, exit

    Opted for "install programme" but nothing happens, after about 30 seconds
    the window closes and i am left looking st the "desktop".

    According to the details on the box this hardware is compatible with WinXP.

    Not sure what my next step is so any help will be very much appreciated

    cheers

    anOLDun, Dec 23, 2004

  3. anOLDun

    Rob K Guest

    On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 20:09:45 -0000, anOLDun wrote:

    <snip>

    > cheers

    Hi D,

    Have never even heard of the product, but a quick Google revealed that :
    "The manual and quickstart guide are available in pdf format after
    installation." That would leave you in trouble if you're unable to
    install properly and if no printed manual came with the package.
    So here's the link:
    http://www.playdigitalblue.com/tech_support/dm2/docs

    This one has a (broken?)link to the latest drivers:
    http://technicalgeek.com/Hardware/dm2.htm

    And maybe you can find something here :
    http://www.expansys.com/forum.asp?code=DIGITALBLUE_MIXMANDMC2

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:

    Rob K, Dec 23, 2004
  4. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    Hi Rob

    Many thanks for the reply and the links.
    DL one of the updates as I type - fingers crossed.

    Cheers

    anOLDun, Dec 24, 2004