    situations are related, except a dummy is involved in both.
    :) Izod

    PS. It is for sure a legit CD.

    Izod, Jan 24, 2008

  2. Izod

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 20:01:25 -0500, "Izod"
    <> wrote:

    >Installing MS Pro, there were a ton of updates to take place
    >like 89. However, about 15 will
    >not install and gives no reason.

    MS Pro?

    >I did a major thing wrong here on the installation. The
    >battery is low on the desktop,

    A low battery on a desktop?

    >so I end up putting in the date and time at boot up.

    Oh.. Ok. CMOS battery?

    > Well, I put in 2007 and didn't realize it.

    Shouldn't make a difference.

    >It is a valid MS CD. It got
    >through the install, and then I activated it. It work, but
    >immediately came back and ask for a correct date, then it
    >reports the software is Phony. I tried to reactivate it,
    >and it wont let me.
    >Of course I've corrected the date, but The error keeps
    >coming up in the task bar. I do not know if the two
    >situations are related, except a dummy is involved in both.
    >:) Izod
    >
    >PS. It is for sure a legit CD.

    There should be a option to Call Microsoft to activate.

    Or, - not sure this will work - reinstall "MS Pro".

    Evan Platt, Jan 24, 2008

  3. Izod

    Guest

    "Izod" <> wrote:

    >I did a major thing wrong here on the installation. The
    >battery is low on the desktop, so I end
    >up putting in the date and time at boot up. Well, I put in
    >2007 and didn't realize it. It is a valid MS CD. It got
    >through the install, and then I activated it. It work, but
    >immediately came back and ask for a correct date, then it
    >reports the software is Phony. I tried to reactivate it,
    >and it wont let me.
    >Of course I've corrected the date, but The error keeps
    >coming up in the task bar. I do not know if the two
    >situations are related, except a dummy is involved in both.

    Rename wpa.dbl
    View hidden files
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html#winxp

    Reboot you should be asked for the key.

    Any problems rename it back.
    --

    Craziest Night - Nerds
    http://revver.com/video/487010/craziest-night-nerds/

    , Jan 24, 2008
  4. Izod wrote:

    > Installing MS Pro, there were a ton of updates to take place like 89.

    Slow down, Skippy. What is "MS Pro"?

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 24, 2008
  5. Izod

    Muze Groops Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > Izod wrote:
    >
    >> Installing MS Pro, there were a ton of updates to take place like 89.

    > Slow down, Skippy. What is "MS Pro"?

    Microsoft XP Professional?

    Muze Groops, Jan 24, 2008
  6. Izod

    meerkat Guest

    "Muze Groops" <> wrote in message
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Izod wrote:
    >>
    >>> Installing MS Pro, there were a ton of updates to take place like
    >>> 89.

    >> Slow down, Skippy. What is "MS Pro"?
    >>

    > Microsoft XP Professional?

    It`s M$ WGA kicking in...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Genuine_Advantage

    It is said, that the best thing to do, if the CD is genuine,
    that you phone M$.

    Some however disable WGA, but you won`t be able to get all
    updates then.

    meerkat, Jan 24, 2008
  7. Izod

    Guest

    "meerkat" <> wrote:

    >"Muze Groops" <> wrote in message
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>> Slow down, Skippy. What is "MS Pro"?
    >>>

    >> Microsoft XP Professional?

    >It`s M$ WGA kicking in...
    >en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Genuine_Advantage
    >
    >It is said, that the best thing to do, if the CD is genuine,
    >that you phone M$.
    >
    >Some however disable WGA, but you won`t be able to get all
    >updates then.

    I've never let the WGA install, when I go for an update I have to run
    a program that gives me numbers to supply for the download, but I
    don't have WGA running.
    --

    Craziest Night - Nerds
    http://revver.com/video/487010/craziest-night-nerds/

    , Jan 24, 2008
  8. Izod

    meerkat Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > "meerkat" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Muze Groops" <> wrote in message

    >>> Microsoft XP Professional?

    >>It`s M$ WGA kicking in...
    >>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Genuine_Advantage
    >>
    >>It is said, that the best thing to do, if the CD is genuine,
    >>that you phone M$.
    >>
    >>Some however disable WGA, but you won`t be able to get all
    >>updates then.

    > I've never let the WGA install, when I go for an update I have to run
    > a program that gives me numbers to supply for the download, but I
    > don't have WGA running.

    2 years ago, M$ told me my OS wasn`t legit, but it still updates
    every Tuesday (left hand doesn`t know what right hand is doing <G>).

    Probably caused by my Not allowing WGA.

    bw..

    meerkat, Jan 24, 2008
  9. Izod

    M.L. Guest

    >>> It`s M$ WGA kicking in...
    >>> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Genuine_Advantage

    >>> Some however disable WGA, but you won`t be able to get all
    >>> updates then.

    > Probably caused by my Not allowing WGA.

    The WGA notification update can be uninstalled using RemoveWGA.exe
    http://removewga.download11.com/

    M.L., Jan 24, 2008
  10. Izod

    Guest

    "meerkat" <> wrote:

    >> I've never let the WGA install, when I go for an update I have to run
    >> a program that gives me numbers to supply for the download, but I
    >> don't have WGA running.

    >2 years ago, M$ told me my OS wasn`t legit, but it still updates
    >every Tuesday (left hand doesn`t know what right hand is doing <G>).
    >
    >Probably caused by my Not allowing WGA.

    You know, I'm the person M$ is trying to thwart. Never paid for a
    version of windows, run most all of em. Never registered with M$, they
    shouldn't have me on record.

    All this WGA and Key Activation and such hasn't caused me one bit of
    trouble or problems of any sort; Fact is I have more leeway.

    Yet the person who has paid for a version windows has a lot of
    problems over this WGA and key activation - They are the ones that
    this causes the most problems for.

    Kinda sad how M$ treats their valued customers.

    Note: I don't run WGA because it's just another service that doesn't
    need to run, not because of my version of windows.

  11. Muze Groops wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> Izod wrote:
    >>
    >>> Installing MS Pro, there were a ton of updates to take place like 89.

    >> Slow down, Skippy. What is "MS Pro"?
    >>

    > Microsoft XP Professional?

    Guessing should not be required. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 24, 2008