    shop, or other graphic programs.

    I want to put it into my new machine... ( XP pro).

    , Sep 30, 2007

  2. Bruce Xia Guest

    Desdemona wrote:
    > I have an old photo art program that runs in original XP, no service packs.
    >
    > If I install it in a modern machine, windows complains about stuff not working
    > right... things terminating in unusual ways...
    >
    > Is there a way to install software and have it limited in some way so it doesn't
    > interfere with windows?
    >
    > The company is out of business so I can't upgrade, and I really like this
    > software, it does things that are near impossible to do in elements or paint
    > shop, or other graphic programs.
    >
    > I want to put it into my new machine... ( XP pro).

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/appcompat.mspx

    Try the Windows 2000 option.

    Bruce Xia, Sep 30, 2007

  3. Another Guest

    wrote:
    > I have an old photo art program that runs in original XP, no service packs.
    >
    > If I install it in a modern machine, windows complains about stuff not working
    > right... things terminating in unusual ways...
    >
    > Is there a way to install software and have it limited in some way so it doesn't
    > interfere with windows?
    >
    > The company is out of business so I can't upgrade, and I really like this
    > software, it does things that are near impossible to do in elements or paint
    > shop, or other graphic programs.
    >
    > I want to put it into my new machine... ( XP pro).

    The actual error messages would be helpful in identifying a work around.

    Another, Oct 1, 2007
  4. Guest

    On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 10:07:34 -0500, Another <.> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> I have an old photo art program that runs in original XP, no service packs.
    >>
    >> If I install it in a modern machine, windows complains about stuff not working
    >> right... things terminating in unusual ways...
    >>
    >> Is there a way to install software and have it limited in some way so it doesn't
    >> interfere with windows?
    >>
    >> The company is out of business so I can't upgrade, and I really like this
    >> software, it does things that are near impossible to do in elements or paint
    >> shop, or other graphic programs.
    >>
    >> I want to put it into my new machine... ( XP pro).
    >>

    >The actual error messages would be helpful in identifying a work around.

    When I get a minute I'll try re-installing it... I'll take notes!

    , Oct 2, 2007
  5. Guest

    wrote:

    >I have an old photo art program that runs in original XP, no service packs.
    >
    >If I install it in a modern machine, windows complains about stuff not working
    >right... things terminating in unusual ways...
    >
    >Is there a way to install software and have it limited in some way so it doesn't
    >interfere with windows?
    >
    >The company is out of business so I can't upgrade, and I really like this
    >software, it does things that are near impossible to do in elements or paint
    >shop, or other graphic programs.
    >
    >I want to put it into my new machine... ( XP pro).

    Forget the old software and run something that works.
    Paint.net http://www.getpaint.net/ or
    Gimp http://www.gimp.org/
    --

    Targeting Suicide Market