    I have all the updates installed including service pack 2, any ideas here?

    Thanks!
    Jim P.

    jpan71855, May 20, 2008

  2. jpan71855

    Carlos Guest

    Press Windows Key + R simultaneously.
    Type diskmgmt.msc and then press Enter.
    You will be taken to the disk manager.
    From there on, format and assign a letter to your missing drives.
    Close the utility, you will be able to see your drives in "My PC".
    Carlos

    Carlos, May 20, 2008

  3. jpan71855

    jpan71855 Guest

    Carlos,

    Thanks for the quick answer, now the big time question and I'm not messing
    with this puppy until I reinstall all of my hardware in a full tower my buddy
    is giving me tomorrow night. Last night I shut down ASAP when I checked my PC
    Prob Profile and noticed my CPU was 58 degrees? Way to hot for my taste!
    I've checked all the different answers about this topic, I got the DDR 1066,
    and of course my PC is only running at 800 Mhz? My CPU is the Phenom Black
    9600. What's the best approach on setting this puppy to run at 1066, instead
    of 800? Thanks!
    --
    Jim P.

    jpan71855, May 20, 2008
  4. jpan71855

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    Your post/question is a little confusing.
    In order to be sure your processor operating (=Core) frequency, download the
    small and freeware utility CPU-Z 1.45 from http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php
    Once installed, run it and check the first tab ("CPU").
    There you will be able to read Core Speed (the real processor speed),
    multiplier and bus speed.
    Additional info (memory, etc.) can be read in the other tabs.
    If you are concerned by the temperatures, download the also small and
    freeware HWMonitor 1.09 from here http://www.cpuid.com/

    I don't know the temperature ratings for your Phenom, but you can surely
    download the datasheet from AMD right here
    http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_739_15343,00.html

    Carlos

    Carlos, May 20, 2008