    I just purchased a 160 gig hd 7200 8mb cache drive ,IDE
    After installing it the system only reads it as 130 gig ?...is there
    somthing missing or does a drive that big have to be partitioned ?.thanks
    DRVNGUY, Feb 18, 2005

  2. DRVNGUY

    JonH Guest

    If your using winXP you need service pack 1 to recognize drives over 127.5
    GB.
    Your mother board bios also needs to be able to use 48 bit LBA.

    --
    Jon Hildrum
    DTS MVP

    www.hildrum.com

    JonH, Feb 18, 2005

  3. DRVNGUY

    DRVNGUY Guest

    Ok <1st answer is ok about the sp1 ,but the motherboard i am unsure if it is
    ....48 bit lba

    DRVNGUY, Feb 18, 2005
  4. DRVNGUY

    niceguy Guest