    pieces of software.

    Will the installation take care of that or will I have to use some sort of
    tool such as partition magic?

    Grif, Aug 12, 2006

  2. Grif

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 23:17:11 +1000, Grif wrote:

    > I have a bout 32 gig left on this drive and want to install fedore Core 5.
    >
    > The drive is currentlt NTFS with 8gig being taken up with XP and various
    > pieces of software.
    >
    > Will the installation take care of that or will I have to use some sort of
    > tool such as partition magic?

    Have you used Linux before? Are you ready to change your boot loader? Try
    one of the Live CD distributions if you want to play, don't install and
    regret later.

    Mepis Live CD is what I would recommend to you unless you are sure you
    want to modify how your PC boots.

    --
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Aug 12, 2006

  3. Grif

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 23:17:11 +1000, Grif wrote:

    >I have a bout 32 gig left on this drive and want to install fedore Core 5.

    So that's free unpartitioned space it not? Does make a difference.

    >The drive is currentlt NTFS with 8gig being taken up with XP and various
    >pieces of software.
    >
    >Will the installation take care of that or will I have to use some sort of
    >tool such as partition magic?

    PM or similar, making a backup , and a boack and a baqckup, and testing
    the backups before you start trying to changes things.

    Try 1 of the bootable Live CD/DVD distros first.

    See the many previous posts in 24HSHD, about the same question and
    distro names , URLs.

    Me

    why?, Aug 12, 2006