    LG multi DVD/CD burner.
    400watt Power supply.

    If anyone knows why there is a hardware error can you please help me?

    =?Utf-8?B?UmlvcmU=?=, Jan 18, 2006

  2. Any specific error messages, did you format the partition and try again?
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, Jan 18, 2006

  3. We need the specific error message - it will tell us what hardware is
    causing the problem. As a first start, remove ANY USB devices and try again.
    Also, do not try to install to the same partition as your current operating
    system, make sure it's a new partition. We'd prefer that the partition be
    formatted as part of the install, but if no other operating system is on it,
    or has been on it, you probably can get away with it. OTOH, 5GB as a system
    partition doesn't really go very far these days, so you really need to think
    about how you can re-arrange your drive to give x64 a bit more headroom.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 18, 2006
  4. "OTOH, 5GB as a system partition doesn't really go very far these days, so
    you really need to think about how you can re-arrange your drive to give
    x64 a bit more headroom."

    Even for testing the trial?

    Andre Da Costa, Jan 18, 2006
  5. Yeah, if you actually do any work at all in it, you're going to run into
    headroom problems fairly quickly. You should certainly be able to get it to
    load (assuming the disk isn't so fragmented as to create major problems),
    but once you start working in it, you're going to run into problems fairly
    quickly, IME.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64