    --
    Colonel Blip

    Remove "nospam" when replying.
    Colonel Blip, Jul 4, 2004

  2. Colonel Blip

    Spock Guest

    On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 14:34:05 -0500, "Colonel Blip"
    <> wrote:

    >It seems I can no longer install extensions. I can try via selecting Install
    >on various web sites or downloading the xpi file and dragging to FF and
    >neither works. Bug? Solution/workaround? Thanks.

    Save extensions to disk. Close Firefox and doubleclick on the
    extension.
    Spock, Jul 4, 2004

  3. Colonel Blip

    Colonel Blip Guest

    That doesn't do anything either except give me a dialog asking what I would
    like to associate it with. I then set it up to be associated with Firefox,
    but all that happens when I double click is FF opens up, but the ext.
    doesn't get installed.

    Colonel Blip, Jul 5, 2004
  4. Colonel Blip

    Tony Raven Guest

    Colonel Blip wrote:

    > That doesn't do anything either except give me a dialog asking what I would
    > like to associate it with. I then set it up to be associated with Firefox,
    > but all that happens when I double click is FF opens up, but the ext.
    > doesn't get installed.

    I had that problem initially and found you need to set
    Tools/Options/Advanced and tick the boxes in Software Update before the
    extensions will install - haven't bothered to find out which ones.

    Tony
    Tony Raven, Jul 5, 2004
  5. Colonel Blip

    Colonel Blip Guest

    I finally figured out what I had done - my mistake. I un-checked the
    "install from web" and as a result nothing would install, either from web or
    disk save.

    Colonel Blip, Jul 5, 2004