Installing DVD Writer & CD ROM

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by why?, Nov 6, 2004.

  1. why?

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 12:32:30 -0800, Sena Munasinghe wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I want to install a new DVD writer on my PC which has 2 HDDs & CD-ROM.
    >I installed the two HDDs on Primary cable & DVD Writer as master & CD ROM
    >as slave on Secondry cable, as per instructions on the net. But the PC does

    Which instructions?

    >not boot up.
    >
    >Can anybody advice me what may be wrong or the correct procedure to connect.

    Undo any changes you made, so the setup is back to when it worked
    before.

    Confirm the old setup still works.

    Read the install guide for the drive.

    Try the DVD on it's own without the CDROM.

    There are lots of sites for installing drives, have a look at a few and
    compare the notes to the notes you already tried.

    Me
    why?, Nov 6, 2004

  2. why?

    Kenny Guest

    Check that the Master and Slave jumper settings are correct on each IDE
    channel.

    --

    Kenny

    Sena Munasinghe, Nov 6, 2004
  4. why?

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to install a new DVD writer on my PC which has 2 HDDs & CD-ROM.
    > I installed the two HDDs on Primary cable & DVD Writer as master & CD ROM
    > as slave on Secondry cable, as per instructions on the net. But the PC
    > does
    > not boot up.
    >
    > Can anybody advice me what may be wrong or the correct procedure to
    > connect.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Sena

    this can get confusing...
    is your system using cable select? (look at the jumper setting on your HDD)
    also check your bios for boot sequence (HDD0/HDD1/CD/etc)

    manually setting Master/Slave on a cable select PC will give you a headache.

    -a|ex
    127.0.0.1, Nov 7, 2004