    Acer 'cos only one port is working and that's occupied.

    Anyone know of a work round on this?

    TIA.

    brush-head, Aug 11, 2007

  2. Hi
    Many Wireless vendors bundle the Drivers as together the Drivers with the
    Wireless utility.
    Might be that Belkin does it too. So install the Belkin's utility for the
    card and it might install the drivers too.
    Do not forget to first get rid of the Ghost.
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq.html#ghost
    If you do not want to use the utility do not uninstall it just take it out
    of the Startup so it would not load.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 11, 2007

  3. brush-head

    Vino Tinto Guest

    brush-head wrote:
    > Card is a F5d6020 ver 2 PC Card. OS Is XP Pro fully updated. Machine is
    > Acer Travelmate. Has worked on this (Compaq Evo) machine for past 4
    > years so I know it's good. Have got the latest download from Belkin site
    > (which is same I had on this machine).
    >
    > Can't find the CD which is asked for by XP when the process asks you to
    > install the CD. I guess it's looking for the INF file. Can't even get it
    > off this machine 'cos I presume it got overwritten by the install for
    > another Belkin card (this time a USB & no I can't install that on the
    > Acer 'cos only one port is working and that's occupied.
    >
    > Anyone know of a work round on this?
    >
    > TIA.

    When WIndows asks for the CD, select some thing like "look in specific
    place" and then point to where the driver is (that you D/L from Belkin).

    LH

    Vino Tinto, Aug 12, 2007
  4. brush-head

    brush-head Guest

    Jack (MVP-Networking). wrote:
    > Hi
    > Many Wireless vendors bundle the Drivers as together the Drivers with
    > the Wireless utility.
    > Might be that Belkin does it too. So install the Belkin's utility for
    > the card and it might install the drivers too.
    > Do not forget to first get rid of the Ghost.
    > http://www.ezlan.net/faq.html#ghost
    > If you do not want to use the utility do not uninstall it just take it
    > out of the Startup so it would not load.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "brush-head" <> wrote in message
    >> Card is a F5d6020 ver 2 PC Card. OS Is XP Pro fully updated. Machine
    >> is Acer Travelmate. Has worked on this (Compaq Evo) machine for past 4
    >> years so I know it's good. Have got the latest download from Belkin
    >> site (which is same I had on this machine).
    >>
    >> Can't find the CD which is asked for by XP when the process asks you
    >> to install the CD. I guess it's looking for the INF file. Can't even
    >> get it off this machine 'cos I presume it got overwritten by the
    >> install for another Belkin card (this time a USB & no I can't install
    >> that on the Acer 'cos only one port is working and that's occupied.
    >>
    >> Anyone know of a work round on this?
    >>
    >> TIA.

    Hi Jack & Vino

    Tried both your suggestions but no luck. It's definitely the .inf file
    that's missing from the download package.
    Am currently following this up with belkin and searching the web for
    alternatives (like buying a cheap replacement card!).

    brush-head, Aug 12, 2007
  5. Hi
    Then it is time to call Belkin's support.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 12, 2007