    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Bob
    bob, Aug 16, 2004

  2. bob

    PC Guest

    "bob" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am new at this game and need to find instructions to install backweb.
    > Any help is appreciated.
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    Bob

    Why on earth would you want to put Spyware on your machine?

    A quick Google found this on the Pest Patrol site:

    Privacy Issues: BackWeb is often installed on new PCs by some computer
    makers and configured to automatically check for updates whenever the user
    connects to the Internet. Checking for updates requires that information on
    what is in your machine be sent out to unknown destinations.
    Security Issues: Because BackWeb can be configured to retrieve and
    install new software, your system can change over time without your explicit
    permission.
    Stability Issues: Probably few. Some users have reported "BackWeb
    caused an invalid page fault in module BackWeb.EXE at 017f:004024f9."
    Risk: At a minimum, a resource hog that slows your internet
    connection. Some would question the need for a tool to monitor the Internet
    for updates to your mouse drivers, as with the Logitech version.

    Not recommended
    Cheers
    Paul
    PC, Aug 16, 2004

  3. bob

    Josh Coffman Guest

    usually backwep is for HP computers and is just advertising. But if u
    really want it back, and you have an hp. Simply place your hp recovery cd
    and click on back web and hit restore selected program.

    Josh

    Josh Coffman, Aug 16, 2004
  4. bob

    Kenny Guest

    Also on older Compaq's as well though I believe Compaq and HP are all one
    now anyway.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Aug 16, 2004