    Is there any patches on this issue or Microsoft is already have a patch on
    this one?

    Thanks in advance! Keep safe!
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFjR3l2ZXI=?=, Oct 29, 2005

  2. This is not a Microsoft issue. It is an AOL issue. Microsoft does not
    write AOL code. You should inquire of AOL about x64 compatibility. You may
    contact them toll free at 1-800-392-5180.

    Colin Barnhorst, Oct 29, 2005

  3. MacGyver wrote:
    > Hi there!
    >
    > Just wondering if there is a compatibility issue between the Windows 64bit
    > Edition and AOL?

    Fortunately, yes. AOL has so far declined to create a version of their
    product with which to sabotage WinXPx64.

    > I cannot install AOL Software on that platform. I keep
    > getting error message about missing or corrupted files.

    You should consider yourself very lucky, and then inquire into using a
    real ISP.

    > Is there any patches on this issue or Microsoft is already have a patch on
    > this one?

    Why would you expect Microsoft to offer a patch to fix another
    company's product?

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH
    Bruce Chambers, Oct 30, 2005
  4. LOL! :)
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 30, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TWFjR3l2ZXI=?=

    Rick Guest

    If you would take the time to do a search on AOL, you would find that
    there is a AOL Explorer that does work on x64.

    Rick, Oct 30, 2005
  6. http://www.computerbase.de/downloads/software/browser/aol_explorer/

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 30, 2005
  7. Bruce, it was a fair question. I hate to see people who simply want help
    with their preferred software made fun of because someone else doesn't like
    it or has had bad experiences with it.

    Colin Barnhorst, Oct 31, 2005
  8. Yeah, and I don't have any issues with them making a fuss over Symantec AV
    10, to each his own.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 31, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?TWFjR3l2ZXI=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    John Barnes, Oct 31, 2005
  10. If the poster was asking for folks to give him their impressions of AOL,
    great. But the comments are gratuitous in the context of a simple how-to
    question. But everyone does have the right to comment, including me.

    Colin Barnhorst, Oct 31, 2005