installing Activex

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?bnNhcmRpbmhhMw==?=, Jul 15, 2005.

  1. I'm have difficulty installing activex in IE 32 bit in Windows XP 64 bit. It
    won't install. I get a lock-up and then it closes. Could someone help.
    =?Utf-8?B?bnNhcmRpbmhhMw==?=, Jul 15, 2005

  2. I am not having any issues here with it, I would expect the issue you are
    encountering is probably associated with IE 64-Bit most likely.

    You'll find you need the 32-bit IE, I'm afraid, until such time as web sites
    are updated to properly support 64-bit IE. Right now, you'd have problems
    with just the 64-bit.

    Active X Controls

    When on-line, I get prompted to install Active X several times (depending on
    the site). I click and select install now and 1 of 2 things happens. It
    either asks for the run now or save, or it does nothing.

    Again, the problem is most folks haven't yet re-written their activex
    controls for 64-bit. That's why the default is to use the 32-bit version of
    IE, which doesn't have a problem.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 15, 2005