    can see the name of the network (with a small red x). The host pc is on the
    third floor and the one with the problem is on the basement. Thanks for your
    help.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVsVmlsbGF0b3Jv?=, Jun 2, 2005

  2. "DanielVillatoro" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    >I recently broke the antenna on my Linksys PCI card and had to buy a new
    >one.
    > The problem I have is that after having installed the new card, I am not
    > able
    > to access the network. This is a client pc. The message I get is "no
    > wireless
    > networks were found in range" But if i choose the change advanced
    > settings, I
    > can see the name of the network (with a small red x). The host pc is on
    > the
    > third floor and the one with the problem is on the basement. Thanks for
    > your
    > help.

    Try uninstalling all wireless cards from device manager (assuming WIN XP--
    start, control panel, system, hardware, device manager, network adaptors)
    and reboot. Have your Linksys setup disk available to reinstall the drivers.

    Another possibility is you have MAC filtering enabled and your new card has
    a new MAC-- so it can't see the network. Try adding the MAC to your
    authorized list using the Linksys setup website. and delete the MAC from
    your old card.

    Doc

    J.H. Holliday, Jun 2, 2005

  3. Thank you for your response. I was able to get a connection by unistalling
    the driver.

    Regards,

    Daniel

    =?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVsVmlsbGF0b3Jv?=, Jun 5, 2005