    computer where it is plugged in, but am unable to get it to communicate to my
    wireless connection downstairs. What do i need to do to be able to print to
    this one printer from both computers? I am pretty computer illiterate! Beth

    =?Utf-8?B?Z2V0dGluZyBwcmludGVyIGNvbW11bmljYXRpb24=, Apr 11, 2006

  2. In news:,
    getting printer communication <getting printer
    > typed:
    > I have installed a new printer and am able to get it to communicate
    > to the computer where it is plugged in, but am unable to get it to
    > communicate to my wireless connection downstairs. What do i need to
    > do to be able to print to this one printer from both computers? I am
    > pretty computer illiterate! Beth

    Is this a printer that has its own built-in wireless adapter?

    If so, have you set it up to use your wireless access point (& WEP or WPA if
    you have either....I strongly recommend WPA, but you need at least
    *something*)

    You should probably check with the printer manufacturer for help, or consult
    your documentation.

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Apr 11, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Z2V0dGluZyBwcmludGVyIGNvbW11bmljYXRpb24=

    Knut Guest

    You have to share the printer, look at the printers properties. Once you
    have done that, go to the comp downstairs, "Add New Printer", you should be
    able to find the printer you just shared.....

    Knut, Apr 11, 2006