    copper bottom. Any ideas on installation? The coolermaster page I need is
    down at present

    Thanks
    maderic, Dec 18, 2003

  2. maderic

    Brian H¹© Guest

    maderic said:

    > Last time I installed a heatsink/fan for an Athlon chip it was
    > straightforward because firdtly it had a stepped edge and secondly it had an
    > assymetrcally shaped retaining clip. The Coolermaster Heatsink/fan I am
    > about to install has neither of these. All it has is a little arrow on the
    > copper bottom. Any ideas on installation? The coolermaster page I need is
    > down at present
    >
    > Thanks

    Don't the retaining tabs give a clue as to which way round it goes?
    Brian H¹©, Dec 18, 2003

  3. maderic

    maderic Guest

    Silly me. Loking at it another way the copper square on the bottom will only
    fit over the socket properly one way. However I thought that all the Atlon
    Heatsinks had these asymetrical retaining clips which indicated which end
    you clippes on first and which end required the pressure with the
    screwdriver etc??

    maderic, Dec 18, 2003
  4. maderic

    IC Guest

    maderic wrote:
    > Silly me. Loking at it another way the copper square on the bottom
    > will only fit over the socket properly one way. However I thought
    > that all the Atlon Heatsinks had these asymetrical retaining clips
    > which indicated which end you clippes on first and which end required
    > the pressure with the screwdriver etc??
    > "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
    >> maderic said:
    >>
    >>> Last time I installed a heatsink/fan for an Athlon chip it was
    >>> straightforward because firdtly it had a stepped edge and secondly
    >>> it had an assymetrcally shaped retaining clip. The Coolermaster
    >>> Heatsink/fan I am about to install has neither of these. All it has
    >>> is a little arrow on the copper bottom. Any ideas on installation?
    >>> The coolermaster page I need is down at present
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >> Don't the retaining tabs give a clue as to which way round it goes?

    Which model heatsink is it?
    IC, Dec 18, 2003