  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I recently purchased a cdrw drive and now am experiencing problems with it. First off, my computer crashed when DOS was attempting to identify the new hardware, so I had to manually install the CD-RW. Now, when the CD-RW is in, Windows refuses to boot. I have the correct master/slave configuration and I can acess the drive in DOS promt. I heard something about windows not booting if a pin is missing, which in my case, there is a pin thats entirely missing, not bent. Please help, I need to know if I should return this CD-RW or if there is a way I can fix it.

    Guest, Sep 6, 2003

  2. Guest

    olfart Guest

    what O/S?
    what CD writer?

    olfart, Sep 6, 2003

  3. Guest

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 16:43:50 GMT, <> wrote:

    > I recently purchased a cdrw drive and now am experiencing problems with it.
    > First off, my computer crashed when DOS was attempting to identify the new
    > hardware, so I had to manually install the CD-RW. Now, when the CD-RW is in,
    > Windows refuses to boot. I have the correct master/slave configuration and
    > I can acess the drive in DOS promt. I heard something about windows not
    > booting if a pin is missing, which in my case, there is a pin thats entirely missing,
    > not bent. Please help, I need to know if I should return this CD-RW or if there is a way I can fix it.

    Just before Win98 boots press F8 once a second, then when the startup
    menu displays, choose Step-by-Step config. Choose yes at each step
    present but keep track of the steps as they occur and note where the
    Windows load process hangs. Might give a clue as to what's happening.

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Sep 7, 2003