    called eTime with a 16-bit installer that will not install. Is there any
    sort of emulator to support 16bit apps? This is a terminal services server,
    so using vmware is not really going to work for each user.

    =?Utf-8?B?TmljayBU?=, Feb 8, 2007

  2. No 16bit process will run, no. If the app itself is 32bit, and is not
    relying on any driver-like system calls, I [think] I can recall hearing of
    someone tweaking something like this into installing through 'Compatibility
    Mode'. But, generally, the answer should be - no!

    If you need something like this, you probably know this - there is a Web
    Based Time Sheet system of the same name here:

    http://www.ctlr.msu.edu/payroll/ETime.htm

    Tony. . .

    "Nick T" <> wrote in message
    > Is there anyway to install a 16-bit app on windows 2003 x64? I have an

    app

    Tony Sperling, Feb 8, 2007

  3. Thanks. I got the app running, I just copied it off another box and copied
    all the DLL's to the proper locations. It looks like its a 32bit app, but
    the installer is 16bit.

    =?Utf-8?B?TmljayBU?=, Feb 8, 2007
  4. Ah, yes - good thinking, dodging the installer altogether!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 8, 2007
  5. That definitely confirms that the application itself is not 16bit. Glad you
    got it all working.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64