    So far I havent seen any info regarding the activating with the switch from
    32 bit to 64bit :)

    Thanks.
    =?Utf-8?B?UmF2eW5uZQ==?=, Feb 7, 2007

  2. Ok NM I think I found a few answers to my question.. Finally.. I think the
    search engine need to pay attention *grin*...

    =?Utf-8?B?UmF2eW5uZQ==?=, Feb 7, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?UmF2eW5uZQ==?=

    Theo Guest

    If the MS system would not activate via the web after
    installing Vista x64 you can always telephone and activate.

    Theo, Feb 7, 2007
  4. The point to my questioning was reactivating withOUT calling for activation..
    I dont really have a phone where I can sit and wait forever to get a tech
    online.. I found out that I can activate in the x64 without problem after
    activating the 32bit version. The limitation in the license code has been
    changed I see :)

    =?Utf-8?B?UmF2eW5uZQ==?=, Feb 8, 2007
  5. You may not have an option to phone activation but internet activation may
    work. You will need to do a migration to x64, not an upgrade. That means
    saving your files and settings with the Windows Easy Transfer wizard and
    restoring them after installation of x64. You will need to reinstall your
    apps. The upgrade option in Setup will be disabled and you will have use
    the custom option. Phone activation takes a few minutes but I have never
    had to wait a great length of time for an operator. Don't worry about it.

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 8, 2007
  6. I understand that.. I knew I wont be able to do an upgrade, as a matter of
    fact I dont want to do a "upgrade". I like doing a pure clean "delete
    partition, recreate partition, install OS" work. That way I know what
    software I wish to install :) I have both xp MCE and Vista HP 32bit on my
    computer (2 harddrives) and I will be redoing the whole work by removing the
    xp mce on the 1 harddrive, and vista 32bit on the other and just have the
    home prem 64bit installed :)

    Thanks tho :)

    =?Utf-8?B?UmF2eW5uZQ==?=, Feb 9, 2007