    I apologize in advance for asking a question that has probably been
    answered already. How would I go about installing a 32 bit application
    on Windows Server 2003 R2 x64? I am ashamed to even have to ask.

    tliebs, Nov 17, 2006

  2. Insert CD. Double click on Setup.exe if it doesn't autostart.

    Literally, there is nothing different you have to do for the vast majority
    of applications. If your application requires a system level driver - you
    _must_ have a 64bit driver for it. If your application uses a 16 bit
    installer - you're pretty much toast unless you can manually install it.

    A good starting point for information about x64 is:
    http://download.microsoft.com/downl..._XP_Professional_x64_Edition_Right_for_Me.doc

    And my blog has had a lot of information posted on it over the >18 months
    that x64 has been out.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 17, 2006

  3. what has worked for me was for the programs that would not load normally is
    to instal while in safe mode then pin the program to the start menu

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2hhbmNl?=, Nov 18, 2006