Installer Error 1719 - one solution

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Logan Burt, Apr 15, 2008.

  1. Logan Burt

    Logan Burt Guest

    I suddenly became unable to install some applications. Whenever I would try,
    I would get the following:
    "Error 1719. The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can
    occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is
    not correctly installed. ..."

    The solutions I found in the MS KB were not effective for me. After
    searching other sites, I found this solution that worked for me. The paths I
    use assume that Windows is installed in the C:\WINDOWS folder. Change the
    path to match your installation if necessary.

    In Registry Editor, navigate to:
    HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSIServer
    then change the DisplayName value to:
    C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\msiexec.exe /V

    Close registry editor, then register the installer by opening a command
    prompt and running:
    C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\msiexec.exe /regserver

    Restart Windows.

    Logan Burt, Apr 15, 2008