  1. After a successful installation the first boot shows 'Microsoft windows XP
    x64 Edition' and after a couple of seoconds the monitor shows 'Information'
    OUT OF SCAN RANGE
    =?Utf-8?B?U3Rhbmo=?=, Sep 18, 2005

  2. Stanj wrote:
    > After a successful installation the first boot shows 'Microsoft windows XP
    > x64 Edition' and after a couple of seoconds the monitor shows 'Information'
    > OUT OF SCAN RANGE

    1) Wait more than 27 minutes before reposting the same question. This
    is a newsgroup, not a chat room. If you get an answer within 24 hours,
    you're doing well.

    2) That's your monitor telling you that it's not receiving a usable
    signal from the computer.

    Boot into VGA Mode or Safe Mode and then set the display
    (resolution, refresh rate, and/or number of colors) to something that
    your display can handle. Consult its manual to determine acceptable
    settings. Reboot one more time, into normal mode. (Of course, this
    assumes that your video adapter and its drivers are WinXPx64-compatible.
    Did you make sure of that _before_ installing the OS?)

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH
    Bruce Chambers, Sep 18, 2005

    =?Utf-8?B?U3Rhbmo=?=, Sep 18, 2005
  4. Do what Bruce suggested. Specifically, the moment you see the "Starting
    Windows XP" screen, press F8 to bring up a text screen that will allow you
    to start the computer in safe mode. From safe mode, you can set the video to
    something that you know will work, such as 800x600@60hz

    Chances are that you'll need to download a driver from MSI for that
    motherboard and Video. But you'll need to get into safe mode to do that
    regardless.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 18, 2005
  5. "Bruce Chambers" wrote:

    > Stanj wrote:
    > > After a successful installation the first boot shows 'Microsoft windows XP
    > > x64 Edition' and after a couple of seoconds the monitor shows 'Information'
    > > OUT OF SCAN RANGE

    > 1) Wait more than 27 minutes before reposting the same question. This
    > is a newsgroup, not a chat room. If you get an answer within 24 hours,
    > you're doing well.
    >
    > 2) That's your monitor telling you that it's not receiving a usable
    > signal from the computer.
    >
    > Boot into VGA Mode or Safe Mode and then set the display
    > (resolution, refresh rate, and/or number of colors) to something that
    > your display can handle. Consult its manual to determine acceptable
    > settings. Reboot one more time, into normal mode. (Of course, this
    > assumes that your video adapter and its drivers are WinXPx64-compatible.
    > Did you make sure of that _before_ installing the OS?)
    >

    > --
    >
    > Bruce Chambers
    >
    > Help us help you:
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    > both at once. - RAH
    > Hi Bruce,Many thanks.It worked.I booted into VGA mode and set the display.And

    booted one more time into normal mode.Its working fine now.Stanj
    =?Utf-8?B?U3Rhbmo=?=, Sep 18, 2005