    X64 Edition' and then after a coulpe of seconds the monitor shows
    'Information'
    Out of can range

    =?Utf-8?B?U3Rhbmo=?=, Sep 18, 2005

  2. Stanj wrote:
    > I installed Windows XP Professional X64 Edition from a CD.The installation
    > went ok.
    > But when I tried to boot it,I get the screen showing 'Microsoft Windows XP
    > X64 Edition' and then after a coulpe of seconds the monitor shows
    > 'Information'
    > Out of can range

    That's your monitor telling you that it's not receiving a usable
    signal from the computer.

    Boot into VGA Mode or Safe Mode and then set the display
    (resolution, refresh rate, and/or number of colors) to something that
    your display can handle. Consult its manual to determine acceptable
    settings. Reboot one more time, into normal mode. (Of course, this
    assumes that your video adapter and its drivers are WinXPx64-compatible.
    Did you make sure of that _before_ installing the OS?)

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm