    Network Controller

    What kinds of drivers do I need for these? I have the defaults that
    came with any inspiron notebook computer
    Uplink, May 21, 2006

  2. Uplink

    Plato Guest

    Uplink wrote:

    > I have a Dell Inspiron 1150 and recently formatted and deleted all
    > partitions and reinstalled Windows XP.
    >
    > In device manager in other devices (with a yellow ?) it has the
    > following devices that worked:
    >
    > Ethernet Controller
    > Multimedia Audio Controller
    > Network Controller
    >
    > What kinds of drivers do I need for these? I have the defaults that
    > came with any inspiron notebook computer

    You need the drivers for your NIC. You need the sound drivers for your
    sound card.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, May 21, 2006

  3. Uplink

    Uplink Guest

    No, I know that I need drivers, what KIND of drivers. For sure I know
    that the ethernet card is an Intel and I would assume the sound card
    and headphone/mic jack are intel also. ethernet and network controller
    are the same right? if the network controller has to do with dial-up
    modems it's a conexant

    Uplink, May 21, 2006
  4. Uplink

    Pen Guest

    "Uplink" <> wrote in message
    > No, I know that I need drivers, what KIND of drivers. For sure I know
    > that the ethernet card is an Intel and I would assume the sound card
    > and headphone/mic jack are intel also. ethernet and network controller
    > are the same right? if the network controller has to do with dial-up
    > modems it's a conexant
    >

    > Plato wrote:
    >> Uplink wrote:
    >> >
    >> > I have a Dell Inspiron 1150 and recently formatted and deleted all
    >> > partitions and reinstalled Windows XP.
    >> >
    >> > In device manager in other devices (with a yellow ?) it has the
    >> > following devices that worked:
    >> >
    >> > Ethernet Controller
    >> > Multimedia Audio Controller
    >> > Network Controller
    >> >
    >> > What kinds of drivers do I need for these? I have the defaults that
    >> > came with any inspiron notebook computer

    >> You need the drivers for your NIC. You need the sound drivers for your
    >> sound card.
    >>

    >> --
    >> http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Go here at Dell to get the drivers;